Based on the feedback we had on our last article How To Apply For Transcript From Mahatma Gandhi (MG) University, Kerala, we are detailing the process of WES asking for re-verification once you submit the transcript.
Why WES asking for secondary verification?
Below is the screenshot of an email from WES received by many applicants after submitting the transcript to WES.
As you can see, WES states “increase of fraud” as the primary reason for re-verification. WES directly contacts the university to evaluate authenticity of the documents submitted by both emails and by post.
MG University Process for re-verification
MG University will send below email to candidates for payment of reverification fee of $50 each for transcript/degree certificate. If WES ask the university for both transcript and Degree Certificate fee it will be $100. Else it will be $50 for just the transcript. This will be mentioned in the email from university.
How to complete the re-verification process?
- WES will let you know by email when it has asked the university for secondary verification.
- MG University will receive the request both electronically(email) and via post.
- MG University contacts you via email within two weeks and asks to pay the re-verification fee.
- Visit the online payment portal and pay US $50 or $100 ( This will be the amount mentioned by the university in the email) https://epay.mgu.ac.in/Candfee/feeoptions/1056
6. Sent the payment receipt to the email mentioned by the university in the memo.
How long does it take to complete the whole process?
WES typically asks for secondary verification within 2 weeks of getting a transcript from MG University. University should contact you in another two weeks time for the payment. Once you made the payment, it takes about 3 weeks for the university to respond to WES and another week for WES to process. So in total, it can take about 6-8 weeks to process your WES evaluation.
11-Dec – WES asks university for re-verification
24-Dec – MG University sends the email for payment (within 2 weeks)
25-Dec- Online payment made and receipt submitted
15-Jan – MG university respond to WES email request (within 2-3 weeks)
22-Jan – WES process your evaluation report (within 1 week)
Do I need to visit the university for completing re-verification?
Not required as the university only need the fee to be paid online and receipt sent to them via email. Also, University will be responding to WES via email and no physical documents are prepared or send. This is a verification process between the university and WES. We only need to pay the re-verification fee online.
Note: Above article is based on crowdsourced information from other applicants and readers of this blog. As the process could change from time to time, please check with university information counter.
Special thanks to Sreejith, Amal & KJ for their inputs.
How to contact University and check the status of your application?
258 thoughts on “MG University WES secondary re verification process”
Email ID to contact to know the status of application for official transcript of grade points/marks.Because I am abroad right now and not available on phone.
Check this article https://mkerala.com/how-to-contact-mg-university-and-know-status-of-application/
Does reverification fee need to be paid in advance while applying for WES transcript itself or will that need to be paid only if WES asks for reverification?
Only if WES asks for reverification.
WES asks reverification is because MG University is not sending OT properly. MG University is doing this irregular activity for the purpose of profit.
No. WES is asking for reverification due to increased fraud from India. They can’t verify if the postal actually came from the university and through reverification WES confirm it via email to university.
I FILED A PETITION IN THE CONSUMER COURT REGARDING THIS FRAUD AND FOUND THREE MALPRACTICS BY THE UNIVERSITY TO ATTRACT VERIFICATION. 1ST ON THE COVERING LETTER THEY INFORM WES THAT THEY ARE FORWARDING THE DOCUMNET ON BEHALF OF STUDENT INSTEAD OF SENDING THE DOCUMNET , 2ND ON THE OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OF MARKS THEY SAY THIS DOCUMNET IS ISSUED TO STUDENTS , ON ARR THEY NOT ARE DICLAIMING ALL THESE DOCUMNETS ARE SENT TOGETHER.. IF YOU ARE WES WILL YOU ACCEPT A DOCUMNET WHICH IS NOT ISSUED TO YOU ?
Wes has sent reverification to mg university .and i paid reverification fee. But Wes website still showing ‘We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents’
please check and let me know details my wes Reference Number: 5081890
The processing time is 3-8 weeks. Contact university to know the status.
Do you hav any phone number to contact the MG university to know the status
while i was doing the payment for WES they asked to pay for Re-verification i done with all the payments …… so do i need to apply for Guinness verification of Degree Certificate or university will do it from there end itself
University will contact you if they need any additional information.
Now I received a mail from WES regarding the re-verification of my documents, before getting that mail they asked me to upload my final certificate to their website and I did upload an image format.
I read this article and I have few doubts
1. University sent attested copies of all my semester certificates to WES but I haven’t done a genuineness verification of my final certificate. do I need to do that before paying for my re-verification?
2. I used my semester certificates to send to WES so do I need to pay 50 dollars for each certificate for verification if WES needed all the certificates to be re-verified again?
3. How can I pay more than 50$ if the payment portal is showing 50$ only?
1. Your re-verification email will mention if degree certificate is sent to university for verification. If that is the case then you may need to first apply for genuineness verification. But check with the university first.
2. WES asks for only transcript and degree certificate copy. No need to send semester certificate to WES. University will contact you with the amount you need to pay.
3. Add more quantity.