If you planing to apply for Transcript from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, then continue reading to get an overview of the process.
Step 1 – Pay the fee online: There is no more cash payments accepted at the university and all fees has to be paid online. As the university updates the fee from time to time, please check the fee for (Official Transcript of Marklist with the seal and Signature of the Authentication Officer) on below link. Fee: https://www.mgu.ac.in/examinations E-Payment Portal: https://epay.mgu.ac.in/
- The go to the E-Payment portal and select certificates
- Click on “Official Transcript/Genuineness Verification“
- Enter your details and select the drop down list as follows.
- Official Transcript/Genuineness Verification: Attestation/Genuineness verification of each copy of degree certificate
- Miscellaneous: Not Applicable
- Transmission Charges: Transmission Charges – Inside India
- Late Fee for Official Transcript/ Genuineness Verification: (select as applicable)
- Enter captcha and proceed to payment.
- Download and take a print out of the challan.
Step 2 – Prepare documents required for application You will need following documents to be submitted to obtain the transcript from university.
- Application form for transcript (see step 3) (Sample: https://gifyu.com/image/NUFP)
- Print out of fee payment receipt with challan no:
- Copy of all year/semester mark sheets and degree certificate. (Both sides)
- Gusseted officer attested copy of SSLC Certificate
- WES application form filled (if applicable)
Step 3 – Visit MG university and apply The thing you need to do as soon you arrive in front of the university is to get the application form from near by photostat shop. Then I would suggest you to visit the visitor information center near the entrance so you can confirm you got all the documents and get directions to the “New Pariksha Bhavan Building” where you will submit the application based on your course. So the process would be as follows.
- Buy application form for transcript from photostat shop opposite to MG University main entrance and fill it.
- Visit information center located at left side of the main entrance and confirm you have got all documents required.
- Ask for directions to “New Pariksha Bhavan Building” and section where you need to submit your application based on the course you have done.
- At “New Pariksha Bhavan Building” go to the section for your course. There should be a list on the wall showing desk no: for each college. Find your college in the list and submit the application to the staff.
- They may ask you to visit accounts section and verify the online fee paid.
- If all required documents are okay, they will accept the application.
Step 4 – Getting the transcript The processing time is typically four weeks and they will call you once it is ready. Either you can go to the university and collect it personally or they will send it to your home address if postage is paid along with the fee. Below is the image of sealed transcript from MG University.
Note: This article is my experience of applying for transcript in April of 2017. As the process could change from time to time, please check with university information counter. Continue reading for some tips and common question you may have. Frequently Asked Question
- Can I pay the fee directly at the university or anywhere nearby?
Ans: No, MG University has made all fee payment online. You could pay at the near by internet cafe, but they may charge you extra and there will be long wait time at busy hours.
- Can I ask university to send the transcript directly to WES or any institutions?
Ans: Yes, however if the institution is outside India it can take up to a month to reach them and you won’t be able to track it. Therefore, it is always better to get the transcript to your address and use DHL or another good courier for faster delivery with tracking. Tip: You can send transcript to WES for as low as Rs 999 here via this link.
- Does WES or other institutions accept the transcript if we sent it?
Ans: Yes, the only condition is to send it in a sealed envelope as given to you by the university. In short, do not open the small packet as shown in the image above.
- How do I contact university or know the status of my application?
Ans: The university should contact you in the number in case of any issues or when the transcript is ready. If you haven’t been contacted after said timeline(3 weeks), you can contact the section where you submitted the application. See below link to get the contact number https://www.mgu.ac.in/uploads/2018/04/Details-of-works-performed-in-each-section-of-the-University.pdf?x66146 If you have any questions please drop a comment below and check back later to see our response.