MG University Transcript: How to apply for Transcript WES Canada?


If you are planning to apply for a Transcript from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, then continue reading to get an overview of the process.

Step 1 – Pay the fee online:  There are no more cash payments accepted at the university and all fees have to be paid online. As the university updates the fee from time to time, please check the fee for (Official Transcript of Marklist with the seal and Signature of the Authentication Officer) on below link.


E-Payment Portal:

  1. Open E-Payment portal and select certificates
  2. Click on “Official Transcript/Genuineness Verification” or use direct link
  3. Enter your details and select the drop-down list as follows.
    1. Official Transcript/Genuineness Verification: Fee for official transcript of marksheet/syllabus/academic transcript
    2. Miscellaneous: Not Applicable
    3. Transmission Charges: Transmission Charges – Outside India (Directly sent from University to the institution. For WES, use this option) Update: Speed Post to Foreign Countries now available for Rs 2100
    4. Late Fee for Official Transcript/ Genuineness Verification: (select as applicable) image
  4. Enter the captcha and proceed to payment.
  5. Download and take a print out of the challan.

Step 2 – Prepare documents required for application You will need the following documents to be submitted to obtain the transcript from university. (Arranged in following order below and tied with a string)

  1. Print out of fee payment receipt with challan no: and barcode
  2. Application form for transcript (Download)
  3. Copy of all year/semester mark sheets and degree certificate. (Both sides)
  4. Gusseted officer attested Copy of SSLC Certificate
  5. For WES Canada, 2 copies of Academic Records Request Form and color copy of degree certificate to be sent to WES along with transcript. 

Update: Gusseted officer attested copy no longer required. 

Additional CD requirement for BTech courses started before 2010

For students who have started their BTech course before 2010, a CD with the soft copy of application is required to be submitted along with the documents mentioned above. Please note that the course start year is considered, not the completion year.
In order to prepare the CD, seek assistance from any of the photostat stores opposite to the University main gate. They will charge an amount around Rs 150/- to get this prepared. This CD also needs to be tied along with the documents before submitting.

Step 3 – Visit MG university and apply:  First thing you need to do as soon you arrive at the university is to visit the Visitor information center near the entrance so you can confirm you got all the documents and get directions to the “New Pariksha Bhavan Building” where you will submit the application based on your course. So the process would be as follows.

  1. Visit information center located at the left side of the main entrance and confirm you have got all documents required.
  2. Ask for directions to “New Pariksha Bhavan Building” and section where you need to submit your application based on the course you have done. (For B-Tech transcripts, “New Pariksha Bhavan building, Ground floor, Room no. 105”)
  3. At “New Pariksha Bhavan Building” go to the section for your course. There should be a list on the wall showing desk no: for each college. Find your college on the list and submit the application to the staff.
  4. They may ask you to visit the accounts section and verify the online fee paid.
  5. If all required documents are okay, they will accept the application.

Step 4 – Getting the transcript  The processing time is typically four weeks and they will call you once it is ready. Either you can go to the university and collect it personally or they will send it to your home address or directly to the institution if postage is paid along with the fee. Below is the image of a sealed transcript from MG University.

Note: As per the new process, WES only accept Transcript directly sent by the university.

***WES has started asking for secondary verification of transcript due to increased fraud. Please check out this article for more details***

Note: As the process could change from time to time, please check with university information counter. Continue reading for some tips and common question you may have.

Frequently Asked Question

  • Do I need to go to University in person to apply for the transcript?

Ans: Either you or an authorised person by you can submit the application on your behalf. MG University does not have an option for online application. 

  • Is there any agency or agent that help me with applying for a transcript?

Ans: Yes, there are many agents that offer this service. Please check our article on agents offering University transcript and attestation service. 

  • How long it takes for the university to send the transcript?

Ans: Typically takes around 3 weeks for the university to process the transcript and send it. For delivery to WES or another institution outside India, it will take around 3 weeks by normal post. For Speed-post, it will take around one week time. 

  • Can I pay the fee directly at the university or anywhere nearby?

Ans: No, MG University has made all fee payment online. You could pay at the nearby internet cafe, but they may charge you extra and there will be a long wait time at busy hours.

  • Can I ask the university to send the transcript directly to WES or any institutions?

Ans: Yes, however, if the institution is outside India it can take up to a month to reach them and you won’t be able to track it. Therefore, it is always better to get the transcript to your address and use DHL or another good courier for faster delivery with tracking. Tip: You can send the transcript to WES for as low as Rs 999 here via this link. Note: WES only accepts transcripts directly sent by the University.

  • Does WES or other institutions accept the transcript if we sent it? 

Ans: Yes, the only condition is to send it in a sealed envelope as given to you by the university. In short, do not open the small packet as shown in the image above.  WES no longer accepts transcript sent by individuals.

  • How do I contact the university or know the status of my application?

Ans: The university should contact you in case of any issues or when the transcript is ready. If you haven’t been contacted after the given timeline(3 weeks), you can contact the section where you submitted the application. Click here to get the contact number

If you have any questions please drop a comment below and check back later to see our response.

***WES has started asking for secondary verification of transcript due to increased fraud. Please check out our other article for more details***

301 thoughts on “MG University Transcript: How to apply for Transcript WES Canada?

  1. Thank you so much for this article. This made my application process so easy.
    I went to Vijaya Book Shop just opposite to the University. They completed my transcript preparation around one hour with minimum rate. Along this hardcopy of transcript we have to submit the same in a CD to university.
    I need to send copy of degree certificate along with transcript to WES. As informed by the information centre, I had paid seperate fee for both transcript and attestation of degree certificate copy via online payment of MGU. Then submitted the whole document to new pareesksha bhavan room no. 105.

    1. Hi Tony,
      Is Evaluation /Genuineness check of BA degree certificate and Mark lists of 3 years needed to be done along with Transcript for WES?

  2. Hello sir, I completed my Btech and Mtech from MG university itself, in this case do i need to apply seperately or can I apply for both in single application

  3. Hi

    Is it mandatory to submit the required document by the requester itself or anyone can submit the document on his behalf.

    Gautam Jha

      1. College friend can be a authorised person ?
        do I need to write any authorisation letter or how can my friend submit my application on my behalf.

  4. Hai
    I am planning to apply an official transcript from MG university and Calicut University. Is there is any issue if the spelling of my 1st year mark list and SSLC certificates name are different.

  5. Hi,

    When creating an account in WES and adding credentials, what should i give for – Name of institution -?
    Is it my college name or University name?

      1. Dear Mkerala,

        Thanks for your response. I have another question.
        In my college degree and mark lists my name is mentioned as – ..
        But in my passport the initials are expanded.
        Should I go with WES account creation with name as in educational certificate ? Will it be a problem later for Canada PR being my name in passport is different?


  6. Hello M Kerala..
    I am planning to go with IQAS and not WES for my ECA.

    Can u pls clarify out of the below three, which option I should select:
    1.Attestation/genuineness verification of each copy of mark list.
    2.Attestation/genuineness verification of each copy of degree certificate
    3.Fee for official transcript of mark sheets/syllabus/academic transcript

    1. Please check on IQAS website which one they require whether it is an attestation of degree certificate or transcript of mark list.

  7. Hello,

    Please answer the below :
    1. Does the fee head (procedure) change if the degree was taken from an Off Campus Centre.?
    2. Should we apply for the attestation of each copy of the marklist or only the degree certificate?
    3. Will MG university send us a scanned copy of the official transcript?

    Thank you in Advance

  8. Hi,
    Date of birth in my all document is wrong. As per my understanding Birth certificate is a must for Canadian PR. I noticed that the university will ask SSLC copy along with the application for Transcript. Hope this is for DOB verification purpose only. Can I apply with my birth certificate instead of SSLC? Meantime I will start changing my DOB in all documents like Passport, SSLC, etc. Also please suggest if I can apply for PR without changing the DOB in my documents (without showing my birth certificate)

    1. University is not looking for DOB in your SSLC. They just need an attested copy to validate your identity. For PR, you need to have all documents with correct DOB.

      1. Noted. Can I apply for WES verification now without changing my DOB? If yes, then the things will be faster and meantime I can change the DOB in my documents. I am planning to fill the actual DOB in WES website and WES form.

        1. Your DOB will be mentioned in your WES report and if it is incorrect it may affect your PR application. Bets to get your DOB sorted and apply for WES.

    1. Hi Kiran,
      In fact there is no application form. You have to submit a request form along with the copies of your documents. You can download the request form from the link I have shared to your mail. Below one is the link, which could be helpful for others in future. (This is the same you will get from photostat shop, hence you don’t have to pay your money and time there)

        1. You’re welcome.
          I would like to share some more information regarding some FAQ.
          Even though all payment has made online, there is an option to pay the fees at university cash counter. For that, you have to take a challan number, which can be done by selecting offline payment method option in the payment section. Then you will get a challan number, and using that you can pay the fees at counter. (no need to print that, you can share the number at counter for payment). This may speed up your process since verification of payment will be easy because of the MGU seal.

  9. Hi
    I have submitted all my documents for WES attestation at MG university , however i don’t have any tack id.How do i call and ask the progress since i am residing abroad.

    1. You can call them and check the status. But they rarely pick the phone. The phone number for each department is available in the PDF link in the article.

  10. I have applied for sending transcripts from MG university in January and paid extra money for sending it by speed post..but they didn’t send my transcript, they kept it with them.I went on and continuously pushed them to send it,they told some lame excuses like they will send it next week, the person that i submitted the certificate is not there anymore,new person is checking all the documents,it will take time like that,at last in may they send my documents to WES,unfortunately i got a mail from WES that,they need MG university to double verify the certificate again ,so they have send an email to the university and also a hardcopy,university needs to verify and send it back by electronically or my post.The time period that they have given is 7 weeks.Unfortunately the person sitting there is not taking it seriously..we asked one of the staff inside the university to meet the responsible person and asked him to do,but the response that we are getting is the same,he is telling he will do it soon…now it’s almost 6 weeks now..don’t know what to do with this such an iresponsible behavior from the university staffs..Can anyone help out to do it

      1. husband has already submitted his profile in the express entry pool, waiting for my WES evaluation to complete to update our score in the express entry pool

      2. I think its always better to do all necessary procedures ourselves as all the details are available in CIC website. Since you are an educated person, why should you depend on some consultancy services? Please go through the below link too:
        It may be helpful for you. In addition, you will authorised consultancy list from CIC website. In my knowledge, only 5 consultancy are in there list from kerala.

      1. I have some doubt on sending transcript to wes.
        1.we have to send both pg certificate copy and transcript to wes.could you please tell me it.

          1. In my certificate and passport surname was different. In my certificate it is my father’s name and in my passport, it is my husband while applying for eca to wes,will it be a problem?

          2. How can we send both certificate and transcript to wes?is there any option to send pg certificate copy along with transcript while applying for it to Mg university.

          3. Yes, you can give the copy of your certificate to university and ask them to send it along with the transcript.

  11. Hi Mkerala,
    Really happy to see helpful article like this.Dear I got the reply from WES says transcripts accepted but degree certifcate not received.I am damn sure copy was included in the envelope.Any idea If i need to resend the degree certificate copy only what steps I should follow?

    1. How did you send the degree certificate copy? I sent it separately via India post.

      Take a good colour copy of the certificate(back and Front). Put it in an Air Mail envelope and sent it to WES Canada as a registred post. It cost less than Rs 50, but will take a month to deliver to WES.

      1. Thanks for the reply MKerala.
        Is it not mandatory to send it from MG university again?Its said that WES will accept documents only from university right?They accepted my transcipt but shows in the website degree cert not received?

  12. Hi.. thank you for the details. I think we need transcript and degree certificate attested from university. So which payment option should we select ? Do we need to do multiple selections ?

  13. Does mg university send transcript with all the marklist and degree certificate to Wes? Should we need to send copy of marklists and degree certificate to Wes seperatly?

    Thanks in advance

  14. Hello,
    I wanted to know the following.
    I completed B .Sc nursing from School of Medical Education , Puthupally and passed out in 2011 and completed my MHA from School of Medical Education, Gandhinagar in 2015. I learned that both these institutions are now coming under the Centre for Professional and Advanced Studies ( CPAS).
    Where shall I get my transcript from now?
    The university or CPAS ?

    Please give your guidance.

    1. The transcript need to be applied at the university/institution that issue your certificate. If the certificate is issued by MG University, apply at MG for transcript.

  15. Hi Mkerala,
    I’m currently trying for Australian PR and they required the academic transcript from the university. In the Fee payment section Official Transcript/Genuineness Verification i can see different categories on the drop box, which option should i select required for academic transcript only.

Leave a Reply